How can i go to us as a student?

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country wishing to enter the United States must first obtain a visa, either a non - immigrant visa for temporary stay,. The United States Government offers three types of student visas, including F, J and M. Before you can apply for an F, J or M student visa, you must first apply for and be accepted by a U, S. Higher education institution certified by the Student and Visitor Exchange Program (SEVP). To learn more about studying in the USA at Louisiana Tech University and the application process, please visit the official website of SEED Educational at

It is important to note that two separate U, S. Government agencies are involved in the arrival and status of international students while studying in the United States. The Department of State is responsible for the visa application process and visa issuance. Once a visa holder arrives in the United States,.

The Department of Homeland Security then takes over as the agency responsible for entry into the country, as well as issuing and enforcing international student regulations. Read information from the three sources above before applying for a U, S. The sites address employment, maintaining your status and other vital issues. EducationUSA Commits to Promoting U.S.

Diversity. UU. Find out how you can learn English at school or work. Learn how to apply for, finance, and attend a college or university in the U.S.

Here are some guidelines to help make the student visa application process smooth and successful. Getting your visa to study in the United States takes time, but it can be a surprisingly easy procedure. United States universities, colleges and schools continue to be keen to welcome students from all countries. While the process of applying for an international student or exchange visitor visa can be confusing, hundreds of thousands of students can meet the requirements for a visa each year.

After a college, university or English school has accepted you for admission to full-time study, the institution will send you a document called Form I-20, which is an application for an F-1 student visa. All names of applicants must be submitted to obtain a security clearance. Citizens of some countries and students who will study certain subjects at an American university have to undergo additional examinations that require several additional weeks of processing. Once again, it's crucial that you spend enough time on the student visa application process.

Complete and submit form DS-160 online in full. Again, remember to use the exact same order and spelling of your names that appear on your passport. There is now an additional question that requires you to make a list of any social media accounts you have, such as Facebook. You will then print them out and bring them to the Embassy when you go to your student visa interview.

If your photo upload fails, you should take it with you when you go to the interview. Some embassies also request that you bring an additional photo to your interview. Get ready to give your information quickly and completely. If you cannot answer the questions in English and the visa officer does not speak your language, you can request an interpreter.

Speaking English is not a requirement to obtain a student visa. In fact, thousands of students come to study in the United States every year to learn to speak English. The visa officer needs to know your specific objectives, both academic and professional, to study in the United States. Be prepared to explain why it is better to study your specific field at an American university than to study at home.

Be prepared to say exactly what you will study and for which career you will study your U, S. Calmly state your educational plans in a concise and clear way. You should also be able to explain in detail why you chose to study at a specific school and give information about that school and where you will live (dormitory, host family or apartment). If you are returning home to complete university studies after studying English in the United States, bring proof of your student status in your country.

A letter from a university professor supporting your curriculum may be useful. Young people around the world are often unsure of their plans. However, in the interview for the student visa, it is better to give definitive answers. If it seems that you are not sure what you are going to do, the visa officer may believe that you are actually going to the United States for reasons other than education.

If your grades are below average, be prepared to give an explanation on how you will succeed in the United States. A letter from the principal or teacher of the school, or from your U, S. Admitting to school, stating that the proposed program to study in the United States makes sense, and explaining its good prospects of success can be helpful. If there were special circumstances (such as death or illness in the immediate family) that contributed to the poor grades, ask the school to explain those special circumstances.

Must have adequate and demonstrable financial support to live and study in the US. Visa applications are generally stronger if financial support comes from family, employers, or other institutional sponsors located in the home country. If your parents are going to pay for your education, be prepared to document how your family receives their income. Keep a letter from your parents' employers stating what they do, how long they have worked at those organizations, and how much they earn.

When Visa Officers See Contradictory Information or That Doesn't Make Sense, They Don't Grant Visas. If your family can only show enough income to support you in the United States, the agent will be suspicious. Large sums of money in bank accounts may not be sufficient proof of financial support. When providing information about your bank accounts, ask someone at your bank for a letter stating how long the account has existed and what the average account balance has been.

That should convince the visa officer that you and your family have a long and stable business history with the bank. To determine your intention to return home, the visa officer will ask you a series of questions about your connections to your home country and your curricula. You must demonstrate to the officer that your family has the ability to pay for the first year of your proposed stay in the United States and that you have realistic plans to finance the rest of your study abroad. If you are denied a student visa, there may be something you can do to reverse the denial.

In most cases, you will need to provide additional documentation that was not submitted with the initial application. In some cases, a visa officer may request additional documents, such as proof of employment or ownership of a home or business. You must respond with the requested information. Once the visa is approved, you will receive your student visa in a few days.

A full-time student would receive an F-1 or M-1 visa. Your spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas. An Exchange Visitor Would Receive a J-1 Visa. Exchange visitors come to the United States for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair position or temporary work.

Visa Officers Are Giving Increased Scrutiny to All Visa Applicants. This simply means that you need to make sure you are well prepared for your student visa interview. Be sure to follow the suggestions in the attached article. You should be able to explain in the short visa interview why you want to study in the United States, what you will study and how this will prepare you to work in your country when you finish your studies.

You must be able to explain why you applied to the school that accepted you and how you will pay for your studies and living expenses. You may also be asked additional questions, including your identity on social networks such as Facebook. Waiting times for interviews and visa issuance may be longer, so it is especially important to apply for your visa as far in advance as possible. Your student visa can be issued 120 days before starting your program.

Tell us what you are looking for so we can find the best school for you. Study in the USA advisors can work with you to meet the requirements to study abroad in the U.S. US, UK, Canada and Australia. We help you find the right school and apply.

Learn about American culture and education directly from our Study in the USA experts. Read more You can unsubscribe at any time. Member of the Global Study network. University-wide information & updates can be found on UW Coronavirus Facts & Resources.

Can the ISS provide me with a letter to attend the graduation celebration back to Husky Stadium on June 12? University of Washington Ceremonies Office Manages Return to Husky Stadium Graduation Celebration. ISS cannot provide individual invitation letters. Department of State for Tourism & Please visit the information for additional instructions and required documentation. Proclamation on Advancing the Safe Resumption of World Travel During the COVID-19 Pandemic NAFSA Analysis of COVID Vaccine Requirements and Testing for U.S.

Entry This depends on your I-20 status. Students in their first trimester of study with initial I-20 attendance must take an in-person course if they enter the United States. Students traveling to the U.S. You must confirm that you have a valid travel signature before you travel to the U.S.

It is helpful to review travel and visa information and verify the travel signature expiration date on page 2 of the I-20. Travel signatures are valid for one year for continuing students. OPT or STEM OPT students need a new travel signature every six months. Students with initial I-20 documents will not have a travel signature until they have established their F-1 status in the U.S.

If your travel signature has expired, complete the travel signature request in your myISSS profile. Please allow up to 10 business days for processing. Once processed, you will receive a digital I-20 with an electronic signature on your MyISSS profile. We recommend reviewing the travel restrictions fact sheet for up-to-date information on land border closures with Canada and Mexico.

Before you travel from Canada or Mexico, we recommend that you review the most up-to-date information and be prepared to explain why you are traveling to the U.S. It is “essential. We recognize that this is a very stressful and unpredictable time, with frequently changing travel options and restrictions. It is always at the discretion of U, S. 

For more information on re-entry requirements and how to prepare for possible questions, visit the ISS Travel & Visas page. You can get vaccinated when you come to the US. See the university's vaccines page for more information. The university requires you to complete the form both as a student and as an employee. 

University Allows Vaccines Approved by World Health Organization. See the University page for more information. Form I-765 requesting optional hands-on training instructs you to submit the form within the United States. We recommend that you follow the instructions on the form.

If you follow different instructions, we cannot provide you with guidance on how USCIS will respond or whether they will accept your request. In this difficult time, it's important to look for options that will help you achieve your goals. We have listed some steps you can follow below. We encourage you to check this page and the FAQs regularly, as this scenario will be very common for many international students.

We hope to have an update from the government on this issue. Eligibility for CPT requires one year (three quarters) of full-time study under F-1 status to be eligible for CPT. To activate their F-1 status, students must enter the U, S. The only exception to this academic year of full-time study in F-1 status is for graduate students whose programs REQUIRE CPT in their first year of study.

However, students studying outside the U, S. Those who originally received the I-20 Pending Transfer or Change of Education Level Forms can apply for full-time studies outside the U.S. Students can work remotely in OPT and STEM OPT. Students in STEM OPT DO NOT need to submit a new Form I-983 with remote work details.

Students must keep accurate records of where they are working for future reference. For updates on ISHIP exemptions, remote care, benefits and coverage information, see the ISHIP and Coronavirus FAQs page. If you are experiencing stress or anxiety from this situation, we recommend that you contact counselors, counselors, or friends to discuss your feelings. UW Counseling Services and UW Hall Health and are available to help.

You can visit the ISS Campus Resources website for a list of support services. A good place to start is with CIRCLE or UW's FIUTS. Both organizations offer a variety of programs and support for international students. Dedicated to global participation, leadership and cultural understanding.

We encourage you to also connect with your classmates as much as possible. Students who are in extreme hardship can apply for severe financial hardship with USCIS. Details on applying for severe economic hardship with USCIS are listed below. We will post updated information here if the U.S.

Government Makes Announcements Providing Financial Aid to Students in F-1 Status. If you want to study as a full-time student in the United States, you will generally need a student visa. There are two categories of nonimmigrant visas for people who want to study in the United States. These visas are commonly known as F and M visas.

Official website of the Department of Homeland Security If you want to study in the United States from kindergarten to grade 12 (level K-1), the first step is to understand the. Education system and work with your parents to find the best school for you. In the United States, children attend elementary school (elementary and secondary) and secondary (high school). This means that public elementary schools (ie,.

Use the Study in the States school search page to ensure that the school you are interested in attending is SEVP certified. On the page, you can search by school name, location, education or visa type. Once you find the right school for you, follow the school's instructions to apply. Parents of children enrolled in a K-12 school are not eligible to receive dependent status and enter the United States on an F-2 or M-2 visa.

Therefore, it is important for parents of K-12 children to get involved early and educate themselves on the rules and regulations of SEVP before their child arrives in the United States. Your child must have specific information and the ability (for example, a mobile phone) to get help from law enforcement officials or receive medical attention if the need arises. Traveling to the United States requires you to take certain steps before your arrival. You also need to be prepared and organized when you arrive at the U, S.

Additional travel information can be found on the Getting to the United States page. While studying in the United States, it is important to maintain your status, which relates to the purpose or reason you want to come to the United States. As an F-1 student, your primary purpose in coming to the United States is to complete a full course of study at a SEVP certified school. This means that you should not take any action that prevents you from fulfilling this purpose and following the regulations associated with studying in the United States.

Additional information can be found on the Maintaining Your Status page. While studying in the United States, you can apply for certain benefits. These student benefits are not granted by SEVP and require students to apply to other U.S. If you want to change the purpose of your visit while you are in the United States, you must file an application with U, S.

Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on the appropriate form before your authorized stay expires. USCIS recommends that you file as soon as you determine that you need to change to a different nonimmigrant category. If USCIS denies your application, prepare to leave the United States when your current status expires. Additional information can be found on the Change of Status page.

If you have maintained your status and have completed a study program, you have a 60-day grace period to leave the United States. Failure to leave within this grace period could adversely affect your ability to re-enter the United States with a different nonimmigrant or immigrant classification.

Simon Gooch
Simon Gooch

"Simon Gooch is a seasoned professional with a passion for transforming the landscape of international education. With over two decades of experience in the education industry, he has excelled in roles that encompass student recruitment, market development, and educational consulting. Currently serving as the Global Sales Director for ELS Educational Services, Inc., Simon's commitment to expanding educational access is evident in his work overseeing agent sales worldwide, with a particular focus on ELS centers across the USA. His career journey also includes founding Seed Educational Consulting Ltd, a B2B and B2C agency dedicated to helping students from Africa pursue higher education opportunities in various countries. Simon's strong leadership, exceptional agent relationship management, and proficiency in opening new and emerging markets have played pivotal roles in his successful career.Simon's academic background further strengthens his expertise, a fluent French speaker holding a First-Class degree in French and Modern European Studies from the University of East Anglia. His specialties lie in customer relationship management with a clear focus on agents, parents/students, and university partners. Simon's remarkable track record in developing emerging markets, particularly in Russia, the Middle East, and Africa, showcases his ability to drive consistent and long-term growth in these regions. With a deep commitment to educational access and international collaboration, Simon Gooch continues to make a significant impact in the field of international education."

Leave Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *